Invitation

from Neeley Lane

I have often wondered: "What does peace look like?" I started asking the question as a teen when, along with my congregation, we lifted up the following words in worship:

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth, the peace that was meant to be.
With God our Creator family all are we.
Let us walk with each other in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with us, let this be the moment now.
With every step we take let this be our solemn vow.
To take each moment and live each moment with peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.

This Lenten season we are invited to share the Peace of Christ with one another through stories of peace in our hearts, our homes, our city, and our world. May we gather for worship, may we walk together to Bethlehem, may the living God encounter us in prayer and in service. Come let us journey to the cross. Let us listen to one another's stories!