Monday, March 10

Dustin Saunders
Queens University of Charlotte, class of 2016


Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.    –Mark 10:15 (NASB)

I have two nieces:  seven-year-old Chloe and four-year-old Laynie. Many times when I’ve been with them  through their years of growing into the beautiful girls they have become, they’ve asked me a random question, as children do:

“Dustin, why’s the sky blue?” “Why is church on Sunday?”

I can usually answer them (it’s the privilege of an uncle to defer the more complicated ones to Mommy and Daddy!) and it’s a great feeling when you’ve successfully taught something to someone. Little did I know that one day, looking into their cute little faces after hearing one of their questions, they would be the ones to teach me a very important lesson about the Lord’s peace.

When I spend time with the girls, I’m routinely struck by their innocence and joy. Whether it be the look on their faces when curious, the shrieks of joy over something as mundane as an inexpensive new toy, or the way they run to hug a family member goodbye, the simple genuineness of their lives and their love inspires me.

Chloe and Laynie know not the stress of needless, frivolous worry. They don’t bend themselves out of shape trying to meet anyone else’s expectations but their own. They simply live and let live.
They shine as an example of the godly peace I pray to show to those who know me.





Lift in prayer today
Those who feel lonely