Wednesday, March 12


by Maddie Garcia

 
I stared down at the little white ball, and looked at the sea of green beyond me. All was silent, except for the occasional “ping” of a club. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of my face as I bent over to put my tee in the ground… I had been out here for a good six hours, bearing the summer heat and endless blisters just to do this. Why? Why was I sitting out here in 100° weather, trying to get this impossibly tiny ball from one point to another? Once I really thought about it, I realized it’s because it gives me an opportunity to reflect and just let my mind run free. It sounds silly, but there’s just something about whacking a golf ball all over the place that calms me down. As Romans 14:19 says, “So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual up-building.” Playing golf gives me a way to escape the everyday demands of life, and gives a sense of peace that only a God as awesome as ours can ever provide. On this note, I encourage you to go out and find what gives you peace of mind, and nurture it.


Lift in prayer today
Men’s Shelter, where homeless men can eat, sleep, and access homeless services